A Graceful Death and Sounding for the Soul, how did it go?
The event was dedicated to the memory of Julia Wilson, who died on the 9 August. Julia had Motor Neurone Disease, and allowed her image and her story to join A Graceful Death. I am privileged to have met and worked with her, and thank her, wherever she is, from the bottom of my heart.
The venue was donated to us through the kindness and support of the Bognor Regis Lions, a fund raising charity here in Bognor. Thank you to our hosts for the wonderful day.
|A lovely group who listened here and later on, were given the most spectacular Sound Bath and workshop in sound therapy|
|Here we are posing professionally, calm and sensible before the event started. We pose by one of Sarah's gongs and next to some of the Tibetan singing bowls.|
Going Bald for AGD
The next event is only days away!
|Our super duper poster designed by Graphic Designer and super duper friend Rhona Reedie|
This coming Friday, the 20 September, Jackie here is having her hair shaved as a fund raising event for A Graceful Death. Jackie is undergoing chemo for her cancer, and despite feeling rough, has offered to do this at the Walnut Tree pub in Runcton. Being party kind of girls, Jackie and I have decided that the best situation in which to shave a lady's hair, is at a knees up. And so, you are invited to the Knees Up, this coming Friday 20 September, from 7 - 11pm, entrance free, for a laugh and a lot of cheering for Jackie. Come early and eat, the food is excellent.
Dave from the Walnut Tree in Runcton has offered us the use of the side room in his excellent pub, We are having a pub quiz, entry fee probably a quid, the winners of which will win prizes and admiration. Jackie's hair is being shaved by young local hairdresser Paris from Simply Hair here in Bognor. The Raffle will offer up the following prizes -
Balloons have been donated by Theme Party Fancy Dress in Bognor -
- A box of fancy cup cakes from the creative and delicious Kirstie's Kitchen here in Bognor
- A bottle of wine from Grande Wines in Bognor
- A basket of fruit from Runcton Farm Shop in Chichester
- A three course meal at the Walnut Tree Pub in Runcton
- A cut and blow dry from Paris, at Simply Hair in Bognor, and our star head shaver for the evening
- A pair of beautiful and colourful hand made earrings made by me
- Four bottles of beer donated by our Star of the evening Jackie
- A bright and colourful painting of a fun angel from my studio