- No 1 Son. Waiting to go back to college and spending time watching instructive, educational documentaries on telly on the sofa. He has plans to take over the world. After last night's documentary on Ancient Rome, he thinks Nero was misunderstood.
- No 2 Son. Waiting to go back to school and spending most days asleep and most nights awake. Has joined a gym and is training himself for future cage fights. After your GCSEs, I tell him.
- Lodger 1. A hard working Polish fellow who works nights. He is so well brought up and so well behaved I am grateful he stays.
- Lodger 2. A polite and interesting young man who is interested in astronomy and skate boarding. He always checks if I need anything before popping to the shops and I think that is very good manners. I never tell him to bring me back a bucket load of chocolate and Victoria sponge because I think he may move out. One day I will. He will be strong by then.
- Reg. The man cat belonging to Lodger 2. Reg really is a mystery. He is small, sleek and black. We all think he is an Egyptian God.
Forgive how it just cuts off, I think you get the picture.
Living Well Dying Well is one of the sponsors for the Kicking the Bucket festival in Oxford, in which I am taking part. Liz Rothschild organiser and brains behind it, has put together a month long festival of discussions, arts, performance, information and much more, on end of life issues from 15 October to 2 November - http://www.kickingthebucket.co.uk. I will be on a discussion panel on 27 October, after a performance of Nell Dunn's play Home Death.
|Amanda's Life Board|
|Eileen's life board with poetry|